Tuesday, March 24, 2009

MY CHILDHOOD LIFE

I was born in a poor family and I'm the youngest one. We're a big family, i have 6 brothers and 2 sisters. My father works in a factory were he just got a low wage and sometimes they got paid delayed. My mother was just at home and take care of us and she also take care of our farm where we also help her plant some crops. I grew up in a hard living that we have and sometimes we're running out of foods to eat. Sometimes our mother leaves us to visit my father in the city where he works and hope to ask some money to buy some foods for us. That time i only have my older sister and one brother that left to take care of me. I remember those times when my mother leaves us without anything to eat and we just ask our neighbor for foods to eat in a single meal and on the next meal we have nothing to eat. We were always have two meals instead of three meals in a day. But despite of all, i kinda understand and never complain to my parents because i know how they felt for our living. I never experience in my childhood having a better living because as time goes by we're still struggling in our hard life. It's not quiet for us having a new clothes,shoes and stuff like that because we only bought the important needs for us which is our food.

Until i got to school, i really don't like going to my class because i don't have a complete stuff for it. I felt like i don't belong to be with everybody in my class because I'm just the only one who doesn't have everything and beside some of my classmates used to tease me. I just sit down on my chair and cry and don't need someone to talk to. I would say that i am a shy girl back on my days. I don't really like to make friends to those whom i felt like an arrogant, boastful and selfish one.

I'm always absent in my class because i don't like to and i just don't need to study. My mother were not at home sometimes because she's at my father in the city and because of that she doesn't know what I'm doing and i don't even know if she cares about my studies either. Why? Because she didn't even ask me how's my studies or if i did go to school everyday while she's gone. But i got luck on my first grade because my teacher was so nice to me and she sometimes understands me. She did wanted to help me and she always ask me to come with her into their house and stay there for me to be in the class all the time. But i always refused her because I'm not used to be in someones else's house and besides I'm ashamed to with them. But i really do appreciate her kindness to me and in fact she's my favorite teacher on elementary days.

Even if I'm always absent in my class, i still passed as the year ends for my first grade. I think it's because my teacher feel pity for me and besides I'm not dull in the class. She told me back then that if i didn't always absent in the class, maybe i could be one of the honor student she have. But for me, what she did was enough for me and i appreciate it. If only i could tell her that but i didn't get a chance to say those words to her because i don't have the courage to approach her and tell her what i had felt. After months of our school ends she got ill and died and all i did was to come over to her funeral because my mother was there too and i just prayed for her soul. Everyone she knew was there and said that she's such a good person and i agree. I just knew then that she was my father's second degree cousin and that my father told me.

No comments:

Post a Comment