Tuesday, June 29, 2010

I May Be Living Alone But I Have My Memories

Thanks to Shelia Risner for the post.

I have been living alone since my husband died a little more than 5 years ago. At first I didn’t think I could do it because we had been married for 23 years and I was just so happy with our life together. I even considered selling the home we had lived in for so many years. I am so glad I didn’t do that and am still living in the home we shared together.


Jim and I had done a few extra things to the house before he died and had made plans to do some more so I decided that I would just follow through on those plans just to honor his memory. One of those things was to remodel the bathroom to make it more accessible to us as we got older. You know what I mean, things like making the shower and tub easier to get into and out of to reduce the risk of falls and things like that.

One of the most important changes that I have made was to install that home security system that we bought together just before he got sick. He was thinking about our safety and security so how could I not go ahead and honor him by having it installed. Thanks Jim, for thinking ahead and thinking clearly. I will always remember and cherish you.

No comments:

Post a Comment